Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and welcome to 2012.  After a long summer break I am looking forward to getting back to school and to meeting my new classes for this year.  All of the teachers will be back on deck tomorrow and will be participating in professional development and meetings to ensure we are ready to hit the ground running when the students return next Monday, January 23rd.

You will notice that the links to the student blogs have been removed from this blog - this is in readiness for the new group of Year 8 students.  I will be working with the Year 8s over the first couple of weeks to set up their learning blogs and will provide links to them as soon as they are up and running.

I have had a fantastic holiday and have really enjoyed spending lots of time with family and friends.  Some of the highlights were:

  • Completing a 50km run in early December
  • A 3-day surfing trip at Noosa with my son
  • A family camping trip to Wooyung Beach (NSW)
  • Spending Christmas with family
  • Catching up on some reading

I hope you (the students) enjoy the last week of your holidays and that you are as excited as me about getting our learning underway for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment